June is a month where Disney travel is in full swing. It’s the beginning of U.S. school summer vacation, which means you’ll see an increase in families choosing to visit Disney World during this time.
June, in particular, is especially busy because most schools close for the summer break at the beginning of the month and many families choose to take vacations earlier in the summer.
But, is June a good month for you and your family to visit Disney World?
In this article, we’ll explore some of the pros and cons of visiting Disney World in June. We’ll break it down by looking at projected crowd calendars, the weeks where you can expect to see the least amount of people in the parks, and other notable factors that will help you decide if visiting Disney in June is right for you.
June is the start of summer vacation season at Disney World. Most U.S. schools are out of session starting in early June, and many guests from other countries choose to travel in the summer too.
But, June can be a good time to visit if you’re looking for a summer vacation for the whole family that includes Disney and plenty of sunshine. Of course, visiting in June may not be for everyone, especially if you’re not traveling to Disney with kids. We’ll take a look at some of the basics of visiting Disney World during this month including the weather, resort promotions, holidays and special events, and crowd calendars. All of these factors will help you decide if visiting the house of mouse in June works for you and your family.
The Weather in June
June is the month that marks the return of hot and humid weather. May can be a bit humid, but it’s June where the humidity really starts to increase. And when I mean hot, I meant it. The average temperatures in Central Florida in June are low to mid-90s with the lowest temperatures of the day in the low to mid-70s.
Because the weather is warm and humid, you’ll also see an increase in thunderstorms, especially in the afternoons. The good news is that most thunderstorms in Florida happen fast and furiously but don’t last too long. Still, you’ll want to be prepared for a rainy afternoon or two.
If you plan to visit in June, bring lots of warm weather clothes like shorts, tank tops, and bathing suits.
Disney Resort Promotions
When it comes to resort promotions and packages, you’ll find increased prices during June. June’s rates are categorized as summer season, which means you’ll be paying higher rates than a month that is listed as value season. Sometimes you’ll find summer package deals that can included a free dining option. Your best bet for the most affordable time to visit in June is the first week.
There’s a slight chance you may be able to score a discount during this time, since most U.S. schools are still in session until the second week of June. In general though, if you’re going to visit Disney World during June and the summer season, don’t expect too many discounts due to the higher than usual summer travel crowds.
June Special Events and Holidays
Overall, you won’t find June to be a very holiday and special event heavy month. In fact, there are no major holidays or events scheduled typically. With this in mind, you won’t have to worry too much about any of these affecting crowds or wait times. There are a few special events and holidays that typically happen in June.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot: This concert series takes place in Epcot each summer and gives guests a chance to experience their favorite classic songs with tribute bands that highlight your favorite bands and singers. Most typical are tribute bands featuring music from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. This concert series takes place in Epcot at the American Adventure Pavilion Theatre and can definitely increase the crowds in Epcot.
- Gay Days: Though not affiliated with the Disney Company, Gay Days is an annual event that takes place during the month of June. This event, which began in 1991, is a vacation celebration of the GLBTQ community. Though it typically doesn’t impact crowds as much as summer vacation does, there may be some increased crowds during the week-long event, as many of those attending Gay Days will visit the Disney theme parks. This event usually takes place during the first week of June.
Below, please take a moment to view someone’s video uploaded to YouTube showcasing their Vlog in Disney World during the month of June:
June Crowd Calendars
It’s crowded at the Disney Parks and Resorts in June. There’s no getting around that. But, with some pre-trip research and planning, you can maximize your time and potentially avoid the most crowded times in the month. Using sites like Touring Plans and Easy WDW are good starting points for historic crowd calendars and crowd predictions.
Of course, no one site will give you the exact crowds and wait times. But, we can get a good idea of the busiest and least crowded times to visit. Since June is a very busy month, with very little least crowded periods, let’s take a look at some factors that impact crowds. Here are a few that make June such a popular and crowded month.
- U.S. Schools Summer Vacation: Most U.S. schools are not in session during the months of June, July, and August. Because of this, many families choose to visit Disney World during this vacation period. Earlier in June will have the lowest crowds of the month, but expect Disney to be quite crowded and wait times fairly long during the entire month.
- Other summer vacations: Many other countries have summer vacations during June, as well. In many European countries, families have extended holiday breaks and choose to visit Disney World during this time. Many South American countries also choose to visit Disney during the summer and often include large tour groups.
- Graduation Trips: Many U.S. high school seniors and recent graduates may be taking Disney World trips immediately following graduation. Because of this, early to mid-June are ideal times for U.S. schools to organize graduation trips for recent graduates.
- Weather is Better than July or August: The summer months in Central Florida can be brutal. But, if you’re looking for the least hot and humid summer weather, June is your best bet. The temperatures will be hot and the weather will be humid, but it will be easier to adjust to than the temperatures and humidity in August.
- Least Crowded of the Summer Months: If you have to pick one month in the summer to visit, June is definitely your best bet. Early June is the least crowded, but June’s crowds won’t be quite as high as those in July and August.
Because June is such a busy month, you’ll want to make sure you have Fastpass+ and advanced dining reservations (ADRs) reserved before your trip. This will you maximize your time and avoid some of the longer waits and crowds. If you’re looking for the lower crowds in June, here is the least crowded time to visit:
- First Week of June: The first week of the month is hands down your best option when visiting the Disney Parks and Resorts in June. Wait times will still be fairly long, and there will be crowds, but it will be manageable compared to later in the month.
What Days of the Week Are Best?
Like most months, weekends are always going to be busier than weekdays. This is due to a large number of local Central Florida residents and Florida residents choosing to visit on the weekends. If possible, avoid going to more popular parks like the Magic Kingdom and Epcot on weekends, if you can.
Weekends are a good time to visit Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Weekdays, especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays are ideal for park touring. The crowds should be a bit lower, as you’ll be avoiding those guests coming to Disney for a long weekend.
One other consideration? Check out Extra Magic Hours, if you are staying at a Disney resort. Though you can get some extra park time in, I personally prefer avoiding parks on Extra Magic Hour days during the summer months, as they tend to see a spike in attendance, which means higher crowds and wait times.
When deciding to visit Disney in June, you’ll want to consider your family’s vacation needs. Overall, you’ll find June to be a fairly busy month. If visiting Disney in summer is your only vacation option, June definitely is your best bet. Based on crowd calendars, weather, and promotions for summer travel, early June is ideal. For the lowest crowds of the month, plan to visit during weekdays too.
Of course, you’ll want to look at your own travel must-do’s to decide if June is a good month for you to visit Disney World or not. While it may be busy throughout the month, I do know it will be a magical experience whenever you go.
- If you enjoyed this article, please “like” our brand new Countdown to Magic Facebook page!
You Also Might Like:
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for January
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for February
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for March
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for April
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for May
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for July
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for August
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for September
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for October
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for November
- Disney World Crowd Calendar for December