Camping is such a huge part of many people’s lives growing up. And when you go camping, you not only want to take pictures and share them on social media, but you also need really awesome camping Instagram captions to go with them!
In this article, I’m going to provide you with a list of captions I’ve created that I think will work for all kinds of pictures and posts you want to share with friends and family. Some captions will be humorous, while other will be inspirational. Either way, hopefully you’ll walk away with a handful of fun captions you really like.
Funny Camping Instagram Captions
1) Nothing makes you feel more manly than using a bundle of sticks for a pillow.
2) Just convince yourself that eating canned beans tastes just like chicken.
3) Roughing it in the wild will build character. At least that’s what everyone tells me.
4) Pitching a tent always feels like an accomplishment—until you have to kill your own dinner.
5) So…there’s absolutely no way we can get Door Dash out here, right?
6) Couldn’t we have just camped out in the backyard and saved the road trip?
7) I just want to check my social media and emails—then I’ll be ready to be “one with nature.”
8) Sure…yeah…this is so much better than going to Disney World, dad.
9) Can’t we just spend a little bit more money and stay Disney’s Campsites at the Fort Wilderness resort?
- Editor comment: When you think about it, it’s kind of funny how Disney has created a camping themed resort, where you can get a unique (and certainly safer and cleaner) camping experience while also having access to some of that beloved “Disney Magic.”
10) Now, when you said we’d “be amongst nature and having a spectacular adventure,” I thought you were referencing the Kilimanjaro Safari—not camping inside a tent.
11) So my choices for food are barely cooked beans or barely cooked fish? I’ll just wait to eat when we get back home.
12) How does it make sense that we hang our food from a tree to keep it safe from bears…but we sleep on the ground?
13) The only people I want to go camping with are the kids from The Midnight Society.
14) So…are we just going to pretend that we didn’t hear a creepy noise in the distance, or what?
15) Does anyone else remember when Steve Urkel and The Winslow’s went camping on “Family Matters?” Yeah…that didn’t work out too well.
16) Be honest, dad—you didn’t plan this camping trip. The car just broke down near the woods.
17) OK mom, give it to me straight—is this really our vacation…or did dad lose his job?
- Editor’s note: When I think of family camping trips, I’m always reminded of Calvin (from “Calvin and Hobbes”) who absolutely hated having to be forced to go on a family camping trip—all at the behest of his father.
18) How are you gonna serve me a hotdog on a stick and pretend like that’s tasty, bruh?
19) Well, nobody said camping would be glamorous. And you know what…they’re right.
20) You know…maybe my 11-year-old mattress ain’t so bad after all.
21) I know that we’re supposed to get away from the stresses of the real world…but all I want to do is binge watch MTV’s The Real World.
22) I’m so going to need a vacation once I return from my camping trip.
23) So let me get this straight—you want me to eat out of a can and poop in a hole?
24) Whoever thought camping was fun never knew the terror of hearing wolves howling at midnight.
25) The worst part about all of this is that I’ll never want to watch anything camp related ever again. Not even “Salute Your Shorts” repeats.
26) Mom…just tell dad you’re sorry for maxing out the credit card on Coach bags so we can all go home.
27) No, I don’t want your s’mores. I just want s’more sleep.
28) Camping is like Vegas—what happens in the forest stays in the forest
29) In what world does lying in a sleeping bag constitute a vacation?
- Editor’s note: It’s pretty funny what people do to find “fun.” Some people have to sleep outside—because they have no other option. And other people choose to sleep outside—for the fun of the “adventure.” It’s ironic, since some homeless people do sadly live in tents.
Inspiring Camping Instagram Captions
30) Living in the wild—there’s just no other place I’d rather be.
31) If you can make it in the forest, left to your own devices and gut instincts, you can make it anywhere.
32) Camping will bring out your primal side—and you just might learn something about yourself.
33) If you ever wanted to be a contestant on “Survivor,” going on a camping trip might be a great way to prepare.
- Editor’s note: I’d love to know if this is something that “Survivor” contestants, after they know they’ve gotten on the show and need to somewhat prepare, ever consider doing. Nothing can simulate being on the show, but giving camping a shot is certainly better than nothing.
34) Being out in nature is good for the soul. And that’s why I love camping.
35) Camping has taught me a lot of great lessons that I’ll remember for the rest of my life.
36) When you go camping, you tap into your natural reserve of resourcefulness.
37) Camping doesn’t cost a lot of money, but it enriches your soul. What’s better than that?
38) Camping is Life. There, I said it.
39) When I go camping, it gives me a zen-like experience.
40) Just give me a tent, a fire, a can of beans and I’m good.
41) When you go camping, you disconnect from the stressors of the world.
42) Leaving my technology behind when I go camping isn’t a burden. It’s a blessing.
43) Camping allows for your mind to live in the present moment. It heightens your focus and survival skills.
44) Camping literally takes you out of our comfort zone and throws you into survival mode.
45) For anyone that thinks they can’t survive going camping—yes, you can. You can do it. You can do anything.
In a world where we all use social media to express ourselves and share our lives with the world, you always want to make a memorable digital impression.
And if you love to go camping, and you take really great photos, you naturally need a few awesome camping Instagram captions to truly make your posts stand out.
Hopefully this article provided you with a handful of great captions to consider using the next time you’re ready to share your latest camping trip with friends and family on social media!
If you enjoyed this article, please “like” the Countdown to Magic Facebook page!
You Might Also Like: